* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Poll: What browser do you use?
Firefox its good, smoothly
Chrome its bad, USING 50% RAM ._.
(08-02-2015, 11:39 PM)Troke12 Wrote: Firefox its good, smoothly
Chrome its bad, USING 50% RAM ._.

How much RAM installed on your device? I think 1 Gb RAM is enough using Chrome.
TrustNo1
I use the new Vivaldi Web Browser, it's smooth and has a nice design, of course there could me more things fixed like for now there isn't a open a page when start browser but it automatically opens the old ones before you close the browser
@troke
@cmpunkfan
Chrome is a well-known RAM-hog. Each tab is its own process, so too many tabs = too much memory being used. That being said, any browser gets slow if you have 20 tabs open all the time. I keep mine down to 5 at all times. bookmark other stuff.
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions? PM me
These are the rules Please read them.
My tip jar: 1FqukbmrZf2EnnKYf3BkioWTYysqnynFWy
[Ex-Mod]
(08-04-2015, 09:47 AM)Scáth Wrote: @troke
@cmpunkfan
Chrome is a well-known RAM-hog. Each tab is its own process, so too many tabs = too much memory being used. That being said, any browser gets slow if you have 20 tabs open all the time. I keep mine down to 5 at all times. bookmark other stuff.

I switch back and fourth over the years, firefox did something to piss me off and I can't remember what it is so I switched to chrome. I have 8GB ram and I never really have an issue with chrome using all my  memory. I keep like 10 tabs open while playing league of legends and having a web server/sql/monogodb netbeans, mozilla thunderbird and skype and bunch of other apps with no qualm about memory.
(08-04-2015, 09:47 AM)Scáth Wrote: @troke
@cmpunkfan

darn... when i read ur post, i see top of my chome tab. and i starting to count, its 11 tabs. now i think i need to close it now haha
I actually use Google Chrome but when I upgrade to Windows 10 I think I will use Microsoft Edge as I've read that it works very good... Not like Internet Explorer :p

Kind regards,
Ruben.
I use Google Chrome. On my old PC I use Firefox, purely to watch television through Horizon (Liberty Global/UPC/Ziggo's TV streaming service)
I'm Rick, programmer and Linux addict.
I been using google chrome for long time n odd times use firefox
i always use opera before chrome has born in the world.but now i use chrome at 70% and opera at 30% ( sometime firefox too but its has many bugs for some script )