Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search Engines VS Social Media
@xdude
Fair point I suppose. But you might not initially be able to tell the scam groups from the real ones.
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions? PM me
These are the rules Please read them.
My tip jar: 1FqukbmrZf2EnnKYf3BkioWTYysqnynFWy
[Ex-Mod]
@Scáth

There are FB Groups and FB pages. Both these can be made with bot accounts. But long term it's hard to run a FB group just with fake accounts. If you join one and from comments and peoples profiles you can just figure it's a setup or real. Another thing is it's pretty hard to develop a FB group so scammers seldom try that. But what you can see is members who join these groups who try scam others. But usually they get weeded out quickly since other members would report.
Dodgy
Both traffic is necessary.

I can't rely only on social media traffic because they update their feed algorithm day to day, if you did not post something amazing then only few visitors will see your post. I have seen there are lot's of Fan Pages and profiles having good amount of fans/friends but when you check how much they engage? then you'll see only 5 or 10 percent. So Use social media only, if you have ability to engage with your followers.

I can't rely on organic traffic because of Google panda and penguin penalty.
It doesn't matter you are targeting Google search traffic or social media traffic you have to adapt to changes. It's a constant battle between 2 parties. We webmasters always to try to find way to get more traffic figuring out how to rank. They try to make sure it's not that easy. In Social media it's bit different. All those big sites like Twitter and Pinterest has run for long time without generating much revenue. Now they are trying to plugin their advertising system into their sites. Not it's no longer easy to get traffic from these sites like it used to be.
Dodgy
If you have the contents that can make people interested in clicking the links they see in social media then your strategy would work. I personally for example never click on any link in twitter because you don't know whats behind that link. I do the same thing in Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, ... and I'm quite sure many other people are doing the same thing too and the reason is simple. When you search something in google you can be sure that google have seen the page before you! so when you click on that link you are a lot more confident. The same thing doesn't happen in social medias because they never see the content of the link you've posted so it can be a dangerous link. So that's why I still think that google can give you a lot more visitors than all of social medias together.

There is also another problem with inputs you get from social media, the conversion rate for input from social medias are a lot less than google input because google input is usually a user that has searched a specific phrase but users that come from social medias are usually just surfing for fun. So if you have something to sell, then I think search engine inputs are a lot better.
I'm the same Kortek. I'll never click on a "like" link of a social page unless I know who the social page belongs to. Sort of a natural reflex of being very careful with surfing out there not to attract unwanted links to one's surfing. I'm completely suspicious of Facebook at any rate. Like one of those necessary evils that seem to work for promoting Websites so they can get better ranking, but unless the Facebook page is really done well, I hate the artificial touch it has. I'm also not into Twitter at all. Problem is I always need more space to say what I want to say, even in brevity. I find Twitter also overcommercialized and getting like Facebook, like one has to untick all of the junk they are planning to send to one after one has set up an account. Twitter didn't used to be like that in the beginning of using it.
Actually what happens in reality is totally the opposite. People just fell for click bait. All you have to add some crazy title and you can get loads of clicks in Twitter. People don't click if title looks boring. People earnings thousands of USD spamming all kinds of stuff. In Social sites like Twitter and Instagram all you have to do is choosing right kind of niche and then gather right type of people. It's Amazing how it still works.

Sometimes even I feel so irresistible when I see some of these click baits. Even knowing some publisher behind it trying to earn a buck I still ends up clicking coz I get too curious. lol Good thing is these days rarely you see browser high-jacks or PC get infected automatically. Virus Guards and Web browsers are pretty good at security these days. So usually you get infected when you allow some action like to install something etc.

Phishing scams are a different ball game. I never use login details if I was asked after clicking through a link. I only login from my bookmarks or search Google and make sure I'm on right domain name.
Dodgy
(05-25-2016, 01:28 AM)xdude Wrote: Actually what happens in reality is totally the opposite. People just fell for click bait.  All you have to add some crazy title and you can get loads of clicks in Twitter.  People don't click if title looks boring.  People earnings thousands of USD spamming all kinds of stuff. In Social sites like Twitter and Instagram all you have to do is choosing right kind of niche and then gather right type of people.  It's Amazing how it still works.

Sometimes even I feel so irresistible when I see some of these click baits. Even knowing some publisher behind it trying to earn a buck I still ends up clicking coz I get too curious. lol Good thing is these days rarely you see browser high-jacks or PC get infected automatically. Virus Guards and Web browsers are pretty good at security these days. So usually you get infected when you allow some action like to install something etc.

Phishing scams are a different ball game.  I never use login details if I was asked after clicking through a link.  I only login from my bookmarks or  search Google and make sure I'm on right domain name.

Don't get me started on clickbait, it's even worse when your friend or a famous page does it because they don't need to do this kind of crap to get impressions. Most of the titles are completely unrelated to the articles, there to make it seem like some celebrity died or there has been some terroristic attack (gone wrong) [GONE SEXUAL ]  Undecided
I really don't mind click baits when the article has what they say in title. After all we click it to read more about it. Like it said it's annoying as hell when the article as some totally unrelated rubbish. I often see a good example for this in Facebook feed. It's an sponsored post so I can't "unfollow" it. Always the post says something and article as some spun crap content with AdSense ads.
Dodgy
sure social media better than search engines to promote your website