Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search Engines VS Social Media
Google had dominated the everything about traffic before Facebook has started it's rampage creating the age of Social media. No longer you have to relay on Google traffic if you want free traffic. I had been relaying on Google traffic for years and only this year I have started focusing on social media traffic.

Only now I'm getting hang of it but I have to say you can get quality traffic from these social media sites. I have a separate set of sites for this and good thing is no longer I have to worry about content, back-links and penalties. I wish I had started few years back. )))
Dodgy
Social Media is best way to promote website and ranking as well..
Social media is becoming a big player these days. IMO it's only a matter of time before they start crack-downs on this sort of thing though.
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions? PM me
These are the rules Please read them.
My tip jar: 1FqukbmrZf2EnnKYf3BkioWTYysqnynFWy
[Ex-Mod]
(08-04-2015, 09:49 AM)Scáth Wrote: Social media is becoming a big player these days. IMO it's only a matter of time before they start crack-downs on this sort of thing though.

You mean crack-down on spam ? Then well they have been trying for a while now but It's an all out war just like Google vs webmasters. People will find ways to do it no matter what. Only that's it's getting harder.

It can be done in spammy way like getting a vps, proxies and then run bunch of social accounts or Just create and maintain one good social account from each big social media site. Both work.
Dodgy
We still google something in social media networking, so perhaps google still dominating
Social media still haven't put their paws fully into Search Engine market. So far they only let search things inside network like groups, people etc. Sooner or later they will decide to expand not just for search engines but also for things like payment gates ways.
Dodgy
(08-20-2015, 11:47 AM)xdude Wrote: Social media still haven't put their paws fully into Search Engine market. So far they only let search things inside network like groups, people etc. Sooner or later they will decide to expand not just for search engines but also for things like payment gates ways.

but, social media searching idea is very good point. people can rate and give testimonial for place or other.
Yes it is but these days we can't believe in anything. But usually you can get better idea about a product or place from Social media group like a Facebook group since you get real peoples input. Also it's hard to scam people in those.
Dodgy
@xdude
I wouldn't say it's HARD to scam on social, just more difficult than on search engines.
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions? PM me
These are the rules Please read them.
My tip jar: 1FqukbmrZf2EnnKYf3BkioWTYysqnynFWy
[Ex-Mod]
I meant it's hard to scam and spam in a FB group. Unless the group was made to scam. For example if you join a gardening group and ask about a product you get input from other group members just like in a forum.
Dodgy