Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Hosting - Trusted & Scams
Grendel Hosting is an authentic unlimited hosting service. I have an account on their servers. The only problem is its a cobranded Youhosting service. So, the servers are crappy. But, they give what they promise. It has been around for quite a long time.

I heard Byet Hosting secretly starts Posting POP UP Ads on your free account website. So, its an untrusted service. There're many reviews about this behaviour of Byet Hosting. I myself encountered this problem.
I will leave that to ishands to work that out with you. However I can say that grendel is staying firmly in borderline, as anything that uses youhosting is not to be relied on.
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions? PM me
These are the rules Please read them.
My tip jar: 1FqukbmrZf2EnnKYf3BkioWTYysqnynFWy
[Ex-Mod]
(06-22-2015, 08:48 AM)gigantrax Wrote: The only problem is its a cobranded Youhosting service.

Then we no longer talk about it. YouHosting & Co resellers are softbanned, and will stay in borderline scam.
Happy to help. PM me or use the Shoutbox to get my attention!
[ Retired Staff. ]
Or in broad terms, anything affiliated with Hostinger Internationally ltd. hated shall be able to reach no higher than Borderline Scam. This is due to the well known issues with them.

Note: Credit to ronsor for inspiring the joke ^.^

EDIT: This needs no further public discussion. If you have a problem with this, please use PMs. Thank you.
[Ex-Mod]
(06-22-2015, 11:31 AM)ishands Wrote:
(06-22-2015, 08:48 AM)gigantrax Wrote: The only problem is its a cobranded Youhosting service.

Then we no longer talk about it. YouHosting & Co resellers are softbanned, and will stay in borderline scam.

What ??! No.. Youhosting isn't SCAM. They provide what they say. Only problem is they provide it on crappy servers. SCAM means not providing what is promised (bait and switch, etc). In Youhosting, they never say you'll get very good servers. Thats' hideous, but, not SCAM. I've been using Grendel Hosting for a long time, maybe a year on free hosting. I have never seen one ad.
Borderline scam is not the same thing as full on scam. Borderline means not quite a scam, but close. I am sorry but this is a forum decision. If you have a problem with it, I suggest you talk to the moderators (ishands & coreyman) VIA PM. If you must post publicly about this, please take it into another thread.
[Ex-Mod]
(06-23-2015, 01:07 AM)gigantrax Wrote:

What ??! No.. Youhosting isn't SCAM. They provide what they say. Only problem is they provide it on crappy servers. SCAM means not providing what is promised (bait and switch, etc). In Youhosting, they never say you'll get very good servers. Thats' hideous, but, not SCAM. I've been using Grendel Hosting for a long time, maybe a year on free hosting. I have never seen one ad.

If the servers are crappy and it's become such a big issue that everyone knows them for crappy service then they are a borderline scam. You can't just say 'oh they didnt promise a good server on their website'. I'm sure 99% of their visitors expect a good service just like anyone else.
(06-23-2015, 11:07 AM)coreyman Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 01:07 AM)gigantrax Wrote:

If the servers are crappy and it's become such a big issue that everyone knows them for crappy service then they are a borderline scam. You can't just say 'oh they didnt promise a good server on their website'. I'm sure 99% of their visitors expect a good service just like anyone else.

Ok. I just don't need to argue any more. Ok, Its a borderline SCAM. Just one thing, expectation has nothing to do with a SCAM. SCAM = False Promises by the Company.
Ok, so expectations don't matter for borderline scam classification. What term would you prefer I use? I can change my wording if we have a general consensus.
[Ex-Mod]
Big Grin 
Servers on You Hosting are good when you buy premium hosting or vps
But myownfreehost.net (ByetHost) is 4x better