Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SERVICE] Free system build consultation
Lightbulb 
Hi all!
Scáth again, with an offer that could save you serious real-life $$.
Ever wanted a beautiful computer to game on, a home server to keep your files safe and accessible, or a rendering machine that puts you ahead of the competition? Need to replace the old PoS at your independent shop? Don't spend thousands on a prebuilt machine, build your own and save hundreds (one though-experiment I did had better parts than the prebuilt and still had over $500 in savings)!
The primary difficulty in making a custom PC is not actually hunting down sellers for the individual pieces (newegg and amazon have you covered for most of that), but in knowing what parts you actually need and which manufactures to avoid.
I have built two systems that can be considered far from typical (heck, one has a built-in monitor!) and currently run a computer assembly and repair business. While I am not yet comfortable building systems for people I only know over the internet ( trust issues ), I am willing to make part lists and build guides for a small point fee. Please note the restrictions on certain guides / lists when purchasing.

note: Prices subject to change. You are only 'locked in' if you made your order prior to the change.
Pricing
prices are in a list / guide form - {listprice} / {guideprice} - where {listprice} = a price for the part list ONLY, and {guideprice} is a price for a guide - aka list with reasoning, suggestions and (in the case of watercooling) a suggested layout. Note that this is for the machine only, not including peripherals (see extras for that).
  • list / guide 1 - Basic home desktop NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE --  5pts / 10pts
  • list / guide 2 - Gaming desktop NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE    -- 15pts / 25pts
  • list / guide 3 - Home Server NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE         -- 10pts / 15pts
  • list / guide 4 - PoS                                                                          -- 15pts / 25pts
  • list / guide 5 - Light-duty server                                                      -- 15pts / 25pts
  • list / guide 6 - Heavy duty workstation / rendering machine            -- 15pts / 25pts
Extras
these may be purchased in addition to or separately from a part list / build guide. 2.5pt discount when purchased with a list / guide.
  • Peripherals list/guide (mouse, keyboard, sound, and monitor)                  -- 5pts / 10pts
  • Custom Watercooling list/guide -- 25pts / 50pts - Note: guide is highly detailed.
More services may become available as I see what people want. If you want something that is not listed here, pm me about it and we will work out a price.

How to Order
To order, send me a pm requesting which lists / guides you want, along with 25% of the points for them. After I fill your order, I will request the commission fee (0.1pts / $). Once I have received that  I will pm you your list / guide. Note that you can do whatever you want with your guide once you get it. However I would appreciate it if you would not resell them.

DO NOT post in this thread asking for a guide. If you do, an additional charge of 35pts will be applied.
You may post here to ask questions, but all ordering must be done via PM. Status requests are fine, just don't be spammy about it.
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions? PM me
These are the rules Please read them.
My tip jar: 1FqukbmrZf2EnnKYf3BkioWTYysqnynFWy
[Ex-Mod]
Change log
[2015::06::06] Thread posted, formatting edited.
[2015::06::14] Change log created.
[2015::06::15] Edited to meet new marketplace guidelines.
[2015::08::23] Price adjusted to match new point value
[Ex-Mod]
I'll let you two figure that out. From what I understood, bumping was ok as long as it wasn't excessive and you added information rather than simply saying 'BUMP'
[Ex-Mod]
(06-22-2015, 07:15 AM)Scáth Wrote: I'll let you two figure that out. From what I understood, bumping was ok as long as it wasn't excessive and you added information rather than simply saying 'BUMP'

You understood right. However I'm not too fond of bumping without an at least 2 day gap. If coreyman allows it, then it's OK. I've removed our posts.
Happy to help. PM me or use the Shoutbox to get my attention!
[ Retired Staff. ]
I'm kinda surprised no one has PM'd me about this. I guess too many are afraid of putting the pieces together XD
[Ex-Mod]