Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[SERVICE] Shell Accounts | 50 points/mo | Starting 50 points
I am also offering free shell accounts:
Shell 1: 100mb disk/unlimited ram [NO IRC]
Shell 2: 50mb disk/unlimited ram

50 points/month.
Setup fee #20 points(send 70 points first time).
REFUNDS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST MONTH ONLY. YOU GET #50 POINTS BACK.
Support:
[email protected]
http://supportgateway-shells.ronsor.gq/webirc/irc.cgi
PM Me or reply to this topic
Apply:
Send me the points & then I'll setup the shell account (will PM you info)
<Using IRC on Shell1 could get my account banned, don't be the person that ruins it for everyone and you will not get another shell>
Do not run an ircd on shell2! It will get killed AND deleted.
Got reply from 8.8.8.8: 128353ms.
Thanks for posting these here ronsor.
So if IRC is banned, are Voice Chat programs (e.g: TS3, Mumble) banned too?

Additionally, what is the difference between a shell and a VPS? Is a shell a literal
Code:
bash
command given a set max amount of disk space? Or something else?
Sorry I am new to the world of VPS Tongue

Also what is the bandwidth limit (if any) on these?

Thanks,
Scath
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions? PM me
These are the rules Please read them.
My tip jar: 1FqukbmrZf2EnnKYf3BkioWTYysqnynFWy
[Ex-Mod]
(06-01-2015, 07:12 PM)Scáth Wrote: Additionally, what is the difference between a shell and a VPS? Is a shell a literal
Code:
bash

VPS means you have full root access (can add user, modify user, configure server, or even delete the whole system by typing rm -rf / from any administrator's privilege account), while a shell means you have a standard user with no administrator's privilege (limited command can be executed).

Correct me if I am wrong.
(06-02-2015, 12:40 PM)abhe Wrote:
(06-01-2015, 07:12 PM)Scáth Wrote: Additionally, what is the difference between a shell and a VPS? Is a shell a literal

Code:
bash

VPS means you have full root access (can add user, modify user, configure server, or even delete the whole system by typing rm -rf / from any administrator's privilege account), while a shell means you have a standard user with no administrator's privilege (limited command can be executed).

You are correct, and Scath: unmetered disk and bandwidth
Code:
bash

OpenVZ is not full root access. You can't change the kernel
(06-02-2015, 06:12 PM)Conan Wrote:

Code:
bash

OpenVZ is not full root access. You can't change the kernel

I consider low-level driver and kernel access Super-Root.
(06-02-2015, 12:40 PM)abhe Wrote: -snip-

If we have unlimited ram, what is to stop a user from doing this?
Code:
mount tmpfs <mountpoint>
for virtually unlimited ramdisk space? I guess most shells disable mount/umount?

Also @ronsor, could u pm me the abilities of this shell (execute downloaded programs, port / deamons allowed etc? This sounds interesting for my purposes.
[Ex-Mod]
(06-02-2015, 08:16 PM)Scáth Wrote:
(06-02-2015, 12:40 PM)abhe Wrote: -snip-

If we have unlimited ram, what is to stop a user from doing this?
Code:
mount tmpfs <mountpoint>
for virtually unlimited ramdisk space? I guess most shells disable mount/umount?

Also @ronsor, could u pm me the abilities of this shell (execute downloaded programs, port / deamons allowed etc? This sounds interesting for my purposes.

mount(8?) requires root privleges. The shell you can run downloaded programs, daemons are allowed, outside network access, SSH Tunnel allowed
FYI, I asked ronsor about the disk space. It appears extra space can be purchased at a rate of 0.1 points / MB.
He also says the CPU is running @ 3.0GHz, with 6 vCores.

Has SQLite already installed.

Just some food for thought for those interested!
Scath
[Ex-Mod]