Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

OpevVPN encryption Issue

Hi experts.

I am facing a problem with OpenVPN network. i start using it about a month ago. it is install successfully. and after it i try to check it and it's work fine with microsoft windows. but when i make encryption password to my vpn file. the network stop connecting with server. i use many tutorials to fix this and istall many time with different ways but facing same problem. anyone helps me where i go wrong.

(02-28-2019, 04:37 AM)Sagher Wrote: Hi experts.

I am facing a problem with OpenVPN network. i start using it about a month ago. it is install successfully. and after it i try to check it and it's work fine with microsoft windows. but when i make encryption password to my vpn file. the network stop connecting with server. i use many tutorials to fix this and istall many time with different ways but facing same problem. anyone helps me where i go wrong.

What is an encryption password to your vpn file?

Yes. let me show you the link where i get commands.

DigitalOcean

i am successfully make ovn file generate rsa keys. but it was an open file which everyone use if anyone get it. when i go to encrypt this file it's not work anymore. you can check it on my container if you have access to my vps.

(03-01-2019, 12:08 AM)Sagher Wrote: Yes. let me show you the link where i get commands.

DigitalOcean

i am successfully make ovn file generate rsa keys. but it was an open file which everyone use if anyone get it. when i go to encrypt this file it's not work anymore. you can check it on my container if you have access to my vps.

What section of this article? It's so long. If someone gets your ovn file they would still need to get your rsa keys too. If they have physical access to your files there is a big problem to begin with, nothing you will do will be able to 'secure' it.

Ok. let me explain shortly. when complete setup is executed. we make those additional files in "easy-rsa" folder like.

ca.crt
client.ovpn
client.key

or same if i make more then one file. .i.e if i make file name server. then easy-rsa folder have those files like. server.crt, server.ovpn, server.key ...

but i only succeed to make client.ovpn file. not the other ones.