Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

post4vps down again.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 01:51 PM by coreyman.)

Looks like the other guys are down again. Check these screenshots. Website suspended?

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 02:41 PM by deanhills.)

Post4vps has been down for about 10 hours for me.  But when it went down, I didn't get the Website suspended notice.  And when I tried their Forum a few minutes ago I got a mysql error message.  

Just noticed though post4vps is up again.  Must have happened within the last minute or two.

Oops!  It's down again - came up with a suspended notice, but looks as though @perryoo11 is on the job.  Maybe it is a not so good worded notice - there's a huge difference between a suspended Website and a site that is down for maintenance.

Quote:Website suspended!
This site may have been taken down due to discontinuation or temporary maintenance , otherwise we’ll be back online shortly!
— The Team
I'm almost certain they must be moving servers as they had intended to do.  

Wonder whether I lost my post of this morning.  Will be interesting to see.

(09-28-2018, 02:35 PM)deanhills Wrote: Post4vps has been down for about 10 hours for me.  But when it went down, I didn't get the Website suspended notice.  And when I tried their Forum a few minutes ago I got a mysql error message.  

Just noticed though post4vps is up again.  Must have happened within the last minute or two.

Oops!  It's down again - came up with a suspended notice, but looks as though @perryoo11 is on the job.  Maybe it is a not so good worded notice - there's a huge difference between a suspended Website and a site that is down for maintenance.

I'm almost certain they must be moving servers as they had intended to do.  

Wonder whether I lost my post of this morning.  Will be interesting to see.

How many times are they going to move servers? I thought they moved servers a couple weeks ago due to too many downtimes with the VPS Provider.

(09-28-2018, 02:43 PM)coreyman Wrote: How many times are they going to move servers? I thought they moved servers a couple weeks ago due to too many downtimes with the VPS Provider.
I'm getting confused.  As yes, I thought they had completed the move.  Maybe HMR can advise later on when they're up again.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2018, 06:56 AM by deanhills.)

So in the early morning hours it looked hopeful. I was able to log into post4vps but when clicking on the page links they reverted to 404. Looked like a simple matter of fixing the page links. I went to sleep and about 8 hours later looks as though post4vps has been moved again. It is no longer accessible and when one asks for the domain it directs to: server1.whitedomaindns.ga (the little "powered by Vesta" below it).

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this in my history of forums. Like I've seen forum owners struggling - but fixing the problem in situ. This is jumping from one server to another and probably worsening the problem. And now on VestaCP. OK on the positive side, if this will work with VestaCP I'll be very impressed. If that is accomplished would be great to hear how they did it with VestaCP.
Post4vps is back up again. Sounds as though something happened that was eventful and intriguing. Still to be told. Forum is in much better shape though. Like don't know whether it's my imagination but it's responding much faster than before. @Dynamo must have climbed in with a vengeance. Smile

I found myself on the "Website Suspended" page again and when I refreshed I got the forums. Seems to be not completely working at this time but it seems that they are working on the issue, hopefully..

(09-29-2018, 07:07 PM)IEpicDestroyer Wrote: I found myself on the "Website Suspended" page again and when I refreshed I got the forums.  Seems to be not completely working at this time but it seems that they are working on the issue, hopefully..
Do you think this could have been a cache situation?  That happens to me from time to time when a Forum has been down.