Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Your favorite books and reviews.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 11:05 AM by zihadeasin. Edit Reason: added the suggested books )

Hello there. Hope you're having a great day. This thread is about books that you have read in the past and books that you plan on reading in future. Just about books really.

For me? My start of getting addicted to books was when I wanted to know what happened to Percy after the 2nd movie. Ended up reading the whole series, then ended up reading Harry potter, and then my most favorite series of all time:- The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson.

My review on the Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson) series:-

In the 14 books, I really will say that I really enjoyed it at first, then around the 2nd book and later on I got really bored about Perrin's part of the series. Like a LOT. I enjoyed Rand's moments and Mat's though. But the ending....I didn't really like it to be honest but oh well the wheel weaves as it wills Wink.

My review on the Mistborn (Brandon Sanderson) series:-

I kind of got irritated at first. like I didn't really enjoy it AT ALL. But after getting through the first 100 pages, it got easier, and addictive. Then after it ended, again one of the series for which I'd like a nicer ending.

My review on "The Demon Cycle" (Peter V Brett) series:-

This was one of the book series where you had to kind of read stories from different POV's from different characters. It was really deep at first but confusing. Then it got intense. The characters development was rather enjoyable. The stories, the characters, some of them might even feel real if you kind of get too much into it. And light it was fun. But, every time I finish a series I'm like "okay what do I do now".

Okay that's enough reviews from me today, maybe more later. I want some recommendations on more fantasy book series. So guys, feel free to suggest a few to me :p.

----------------------------------

Suggested books so far:-

Wheel of Time = Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson (Fantasy)

Mistborn = Brandon Sanderson (Fantasy)

The Mystery of The Strange Bundle = Enid Blyto (Mystery)

The Demon Cycle = Peter V. Brett (Fantasy)

The Summoner = Taran Matharu (Fantasy)

Incarnation of Immortality = Piers Anthony (Fantasy)

----------------------------------------------------
Thank you FreeDomain.Club For my VPS.

If you ask for books, I haven't read. You can say that I don't usually read books. But once I had been to my school's library in which we are distributed random books. I got one named as "The Mystery of The Strange Bundle" by Enid Blyto. You can see the type of book as mentioned in the title. It was a group of few kids who gather themselves around, fight but solve the most complicated mysteries that even cops failed to solve. That book fascinated me soo much that I can't write words in this reply box. I haven't ever had read books like this but yea, I love such mysteries book. I would look forward for other books too in future if I get time.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 11:01 AM by zihadeasin.)

(09-23-2018, 08:13 AM)Manal Wrote: If you ask for books, I haven't read. You can say that I don't usually read books. But once I had been to my school's library in which we are distributed random books. I got one named as "The Mystery of The Strange Bundle" by Enid Blyto. You can see the type of book as mentioned in the title. It was a group of few kids who gather themselves around, fight but solve the most complicated mysteries that even cops failed to solve. That book fascinated me soo much that I can't write words in this reply box. I haven't ever had read books like this but yea, I love such mysteries book. I would look forward for other books too in future if I get time.

Ah thanks for the name. Will be useful. I'll make a list for the books each people suggest.
Thank you FreeDomain.Club For my VPS.

I used to be addicted to books up to a few years ago when I seem to have spent more time with Forums and building Websites. Books I really like were ones like murder thrillers like Michael Connolly. I'm tempted to read some again as I've been watching a series on Bosch, character of which was in Michael Connolly's books. Other authors I used to spend lots of time with are:

Robert B Parker writes great stories surrounding a character Jesse Stone. Stories are quite dark, but gripping. I found myself looking forward to sequels.
Jefferson Parker is also a great author for crime stories - also with central characters that one follows to sequels.
Karen Slaughter - murder crime series - I got hooked from her first thriller Blindsighted (2001)
Patricia Cornwell - her books were particularly interesting before the time when we found so many post mortem forensic investigation movie series. She writes great action thrillers.
Kathy Reichs is another forensic investigator type author - hers is particularly interesting as she is a forensic pathologist herself. Her books are centered around one pathologist - Temperance Brennan - who lives and works seasonally in Montreal and in the States. There is a real depth to the stories that makes one wants to follow all of the sequels.
Another author who is also good for forensic investigation crime thriller stories is Kay Scarpetta. Blowfly is one of her famous books. I read quite a few - have forgotten a number of the titles.
Tess Gerritsen also writes really well. Very good crime investigation stories. I'm not too keen on the Rizoli Isles series as her books were much better than the series I thought.

My Favorite Books are Spiritual books. and top of those books the one and only Holy book QURAN-ALKARIM. and some more books from my spiritual leader the translation of Holy book and definitions accordingly. you can also checkout all those books are free to download in many languages.
http://www.alislam.org