Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

So... you Apple guys think Apple is perfect?

@Coreyman and @Hidden

Thanks for the advice. Will get on this tomorrow.

I'm very lucky as I'm in Dubai at the moment and they have more than one service center around - as well as many back street operators. I'll first approach the official guys at the service center at Dubai Mall - if that looks like a rip off or too complicated, I'll go for the back street operators in a lesser known computer mall.

@coreyman
That's false. I just had a 6S plus (A family member's phone) battery replaced and it has a lot dents. They replaced it for 30 usd. The screen shouldn't be cracked though afaik. (But I know some people who got their screen repaired for free when they asked for battery replacements. But that's in USA)
@"Hidden Refuge"
Somehow true. The problem was with the early phones though afaik. I have a 6S and the battery is still very decent. 6s is 3 years old though. No wonder he needs a battery replacement.

(09-11-2018, 12:00 PM)Conan Wrote: @coreyman
That's false. I just had a 6S plus (A family member's phone) battery replaced and it has a lot dents. They replaced it for 30 usd. The screen shouldn't be cracked though afaik. (But I know some people who got their screen repaired for free when they asked for battery replacements. But that's in USA)
@"Hidden Refuge"
Somehow true. The problem was with the early phones though afaik. I have a 6S and the battery is still very decent. 6s is 3 years old though. No wonder he needs a battery replacement.

It's not false. It happened to a friend very recently and I saw the response. They said the phone had '3rd party modifications' due to the dent and that they wouldn't do anything with the phone. He had to pay to have them ship it back, the other option was for them to destroy the phone, plus he didn't get his money back for the battery replacement procedure. This was an iphone 7 plus. So I'm guessing you aren't in the USA?

(09-11-2018, 12:00 PM)Conan Wrote: @coreyman
@"Hidden Refuge"
Things turned out the way you said for me too.  There are a great number of Apple Service Centers in Dubai.  I lucked out as the one that was situated the closest to my hotel was a brand new one and I visited it at a time when I was the only person there.  Like at the beginning of the day just after they opened.  I have 2 Apple 6S phones.  The first one the second hand dealer who sold it to me said he had tested it and it was clean and great.  The second one happened in a hurry and he couldn't test it.  So the irony here was the one he tested was not so good.  The added bonus one gets with replacing a battery is that the battery cannot be replaced without a thorough test of the phone beforehand.  So mine got a robust test.  With the first one the battery was finished.  It did need replacing.  But the guy also found that something was not good with the microphone on the phone (I hadn't used the phone for calls yet so would only have discovered it later on) - he said that it looks as though the phone could have received an impact to the top near the microphone.  Then when he gave the same test to the second phone, the second phone aced all of the tests.  I had to leave the first phone as they keep it for a couple or more days probably sending the phone to a specific location in Dubai where the battery is replaced.  So I started to use the second phone and the battery is lasting as it should - like even longer in my experience that my previous Xperia X had lasted. 

I discovered that one can't really get a bad service center of Apple.  They go through heavy scrutiny.  They also get a specific protocol of tests they have to complete through Apple software one by one.  Like it's Apple quality controlled.

So Hidden gave good advice as per usual.  I'm in the UK right now and received a call my first Apple S6 battery has been replaced and will collect it when I return on 16 September.  The Apple Service Agent recommended me to upgrade the phone.  Like one of the Service Agents at Mall of Emirates in Dubai can upgrade phones.  So I'm thinking of upgrading the faulty phone to an 7S.  Depending on how much it is going to be.  I was also offered for them to renew the Apple S6 but that was a bit over the top - like double the price I paid for it as a second hand phone.  Worst case scenario I'll give it as a gift in South Africa.  The second Apple S6 phone is my goto Apple right now.  I'm also using a second hand Samsung S7.  That is behaving very strong - I'm almost certain it is a stronger phone than Apple S6.  It takes better photos for sure.  Particularly in low light.  And it has much more memory.  I do prefer the Apple S6 though as it feels just right in the palm of my hand.  I'm happy with both.  Going to be tough to decide between Apple and Samsung.  Smile

Apple is not perfect, you should know it since they doens't have their own factory, instead they use a chinese named Foxconn, it's not "the best" like people talk.

A new and interesting addition to this thread is a video I found and that is quite recent.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XneTBhRPYk)

I have two iphone 4 and 5 and i thinks battery autonomie is the worst for the price they cost.
Just my opinion.

(11-18-2018, 09:51 AM)cardmaker Wrote: I have two iphone 4 and 5 and i thinks battery autonomie is the worst for the price they cost.
Just my opinion.

Those are very OLD models for iphone though arent' they.  It's OS technology has advanced so much that after a certain upgrade those phones would be VERY slow.  Also, iphone has a special package where one can upgrade one's battery by taking your phone to an iphone service near you.  This offer expires on 18 December.  You can check iphone of your area, and they show you how to apply for a battery service application online at the nearest service center to you.

1st the big Sh....t is why apple not design engineer??? why same design in every generation. and lack of appstore applications. lack of multimedia connectivity.