Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

rebooting cmd from ssh

Question  (This post was last modified: 08-15-2018, 12:42 PM by Guerbou01.)

many of vps users reboot the the Container from the ssh connect by :

reboot & sudo reboot cmd and shutdown -r now

Then they are surprised that Container is no longer working after rebooting ..!

What are the risks of using such this cmds?and Would it be better to restart it from the control panel?
Thanks FreeVps.club & Sponsors for providing me a Vps

sudo reboot/reboot or sudo shutdown -r/shutdown -r are the normal Linux commands to restart a computer or server.

It is what you would use if you just had a bare machine with direct access or a terminal on your computer with Linux. There is absolutely nothing wrong with these commands.

If your server doesn't come up after you have issued a reboot then there is something broken or misconfigured that shouldn't be broken or misconfigured. Since you mentioned ssh it could be a misconfigured ssh server that applied wrong configurations on reboot and no longer works.

There is always a reason why something doesn't work and you should look at it and find a solution.

Control panels are nothing but a convenience for the end user.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2018, 05:34 AM by Guerbou01.)

ok then ...I have a strong feeling that you are EpicDestroyer..! you have opened 2 accounts..Whatever you say, I can confirm this ..As you hide your appearance, this increases the doubt ..Any opposition? Smile

Even if this presents me with a ban, I would like the other admins to check this..

(08-16-2018, 05:32 AM)Guerbou01 Wrote: ok then ...I have a strong feeling that you are EpicDestroyer..! you have opened 2 accounts..Whatever you say, I can confirm this   ..As you hide your appearance, this increases the doubt ..Any opposition? Smile

Even if this presents me with a ban, I would like the other admins to check  this..

Why are you questioning who the member is in a thread about 'rebooting cmd from ssh' ? I can confirm Hidden Refuge is NOT epicdestroyer ....

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend or irritate you or anyone else.

What exactly is the problem with my reply? I just explained that the shutdown or reboot commands that you execute in the terminal via SSH are absolutely correct and fine to be used. These commands are normally used on real machines. Just when you install Ubuntu on your computer and hit the shutdown button it will run "shutdown -h now" in the background or if you click on reboot it will run "reboot" in the background.

I also explained that if the VPS doesn't come back after rebooting it via SSH then there is a issue with something that needs to be solved by you or whoever is the holder of the VPS (in this case I said you because, well, you opened this topic). I then mentioned an example of something that could be wrong if you cannot access the VPS via SSH anymore after rebooting via commandline.

Last but not least I just said that if something happens and it shouldn't happen or is unexpected then there is always a reason for this event. I also added that control panels were made as a convenience for the end user -> you, me, other members here, customers of VPS providers and etc. They should make things easier for us.

I can tell you don't know me at all. You don't know who I am and where I'm from. That's fine. A lot of the members here can confirm that I DO NOT have two accounts and that I'm not IEpicDestroyer.

I also do not try to offend you.. but its ok i have confirmed this now ^^;