Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death of FVC - Scáth's thoughts
Official statement by Corey:
https://www.freevps.club/showthread.php?...&pid=21607

FVC has been closed due to time and monetary constraints on the owner. Sadly this story is all too common these days. What set FVC apart from the pack was the fact that the servers were automatically created on @Coreman's node rather than being sponsored by a third party provider. This lead to instant activation and speedy support.

To be honest, as an ex-moderator of FVC, I'd seen this coming for some time. Interest was slacking off, Corey was getting busy with life, and ads weren't pulling in enough to cover server costs. When a call for donations was sent out to buy new hardware to run the VPSes on, a less than $20 USD was donated. Corey's visits became fewerer and fewer, and complaints rose and rose.

Although it is unfortunate for us to loose such a great, no nonsense post 2 host, I believe it is for the best. Corey can now focus on his life, and the community can flow elsewhere to a forum that's staff has more time and resources.

I wish you luck @coreyman in all your future ventures. It was an honor moderating FVC, if only for a brief stint.

Thank you, and farewell.
Ignis/Scáth

As a note for anyone looking for a new free VPS: Check out the "Other free VPS" providers board on freevps.us. that will also prove what I said about this place being unique - most other p2h sites just copied the freevps.us model. FVC was its own thing.
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions? PM me
These are the rules Please read them.
My tip jar: 1FqukbmrZf2EnnKYf3BkioWTYysqnynFWy
[Ex-Mod]
It's quite sad. This site has been the go to of users who wants a quick VPS.
To be honest, I also expected it to go in a year or two back when this forum started. Things come and go like they say. It's time for FVC to go now as well.

It's an honor moderating FVC for me as well. Even if it's only for a couple of weeks. If this forum will still be online, I might go check it out at times. The habit can't easily be broken Smile

Good luck on your future @coreyman

Thank you
Conan
(12-27-2016, 04:57 PM)Conan Wrote: It's quite sad. This site has been the go to of users who wants a quick VPS.
To be honest, I also expected it to go in a year or two back when this forum started. Things come and go like they say. It's time for FVC to go now as well.

It's an honor moderating FVC for me as well. Even if it's only for a couple of weeks. If this forum will still be online, I might go check it out at times. The habit can't easily be broken Smile

Good luck on your future @coreyman

Thank you
Conan

The forum will remain online, and current moderators will remain moderators.
(12-27-2016, 07:02 PM)coreyman Wrote: The forum will remain online, and current moderators will remain moderators.

I'll go moderate it every now and then Smile
Thank you again for your efforts in the past few years Smile