Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS on Games
Question 
Can I run Online Games with these Free VPS? I just wonder because Liquidsky offers gaming vps but its too expensive. I just wanted a free gaming vps
The VPS has 512mb of RAM, so multiplayer for newer and simple things like Minecraft Vanilla (not bukkit or spigot as they won't run well) should be fine, I played with my friend and server used around 200mb of RAM, for older multiplayer stuff such as SAMP the 512mb is more than enough as SAMP uses with heavy RP script and 150 players around 200mb of RAM.
It really depends on what game you are trying to host, I used to host a ragnarok private server once using a 512 MB VPS hosted from a paid hosting provider and things went well until my concurrent player count rose to about 30 players, the lag was so obvious by that time and many players would complain.
(11-24-2016, 11:31 AM)Rvcboy Wrote: The VPS has 512mb of RAM, so multiplayer for newer and simple things like Minecraft Vanilla (not bukkit or spigot as they won't run well) should be fine, I played with my friend and server used around 200mb of RAM, for older multiplayer stuff such as SAMP the 512mb is more than enough as SAMP uses with heavy RP script and 150 players around 200mb of RAM.

I'm running a small spigot server on the vps and it seems to be ok to me, I just like spigot because it could be configured to be even lightweight then vanilla minecraft...
It really depends on the game you are trying to run, but as many people said vanilla mc and some bukkit modded pack with not much modpacks such as Natural Magic should run fine.

CS 1.6 is also fine as it will only use around 100mb or so of the machine, for anything plus like WoW server ( TBC will run ok but when your playerbase grows it will exceed the 500mb ram usage) wont run as smoothly.
rom my perspective, you can not because the resources are weak .

2 CPU Cores
Disk Space: 10GB (SSD Cached)
RAM: 512MB
Bandwidth: 512GB
1 * IPV4
Any linux operating system
You can, but it depends on what game you are going to run. It may be enough for a minecraft server or maybe garry's mod
It realy depends on what kind of game you want to run on this vps. And giving the game you can find its required memory and determine if 512mb is enough.