Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED] My bricked smartphone
So yeah, as some of you may know my smartphone has been kind of "broken" for the last two months now and now I thought I should try to fix it and if I can't then it will just find it's way into the shelf as I am not going to pay 20 euros to a guy who plugs my 4 years old phone up with his computer and does the job within 5 to 10 minutes.

Specifications:
Name: LG Optimus L5
Android: 4.0
Additional information: I managed to do a factory reset, so it's clean of any other applications, smartphone is rooted.

Basically what happens is that when I fire up my smartphone and enter my PIN code, then first thing that pops up is message about that my home screen has stopped working. Before I was able to access settings, I cleared the cache and stuff, but it didn't work, then I tried to limit RAM settings (such as if two applications run, then the one I am not using will be closed) and after that even settings app stopped working.

I think I managed to mess up something in an application that is for rooted devices (ROM something) that gave me permission to change processing speed and stuff. Before it was turned to max, worked like charm, but due to huge battery usage I lowered it to around 600 as it was before, but after a reboot the problem started to occur.

If you know more than I do about Android phones, then feel free to make suggestions, I will try everything that doesn't look shady as I have nothing to lose anymore about this phone.
I suggest you do a hard reset:

I don't know yet about your specific phone, but after shutting down an android device. Turn it on by holding both power and volume down button, once it turns on it usually shows you a screen where you have the option to wipe data/factory reset. By the way once you are on the recovery screen, touch interface is disabled, usually volume up and down are your selection keys and power button is your accept key. Go to the wipe data/factory reset option and select it, your phone will reboot like a brand new phone with only system applications installed.
Try reflashing your phone. Have you modified any system files before you factory resetted it? that could be a problem.

Also clear your dalvik cache after a factory reset.
I've done hard reset once and it succeed, but for some reason it now does one out of two things:
  • It flashes me LG logo for 3 seconds and then turns off again
  • It flashes the lights of navigating buttons for a second and that's all

About modified system files, I have only changed CPU's speed and rooted the following smartphone.
And as much information as I found about reflashing, then it looks like a hard reset with different name.
I treat such trouble as physical damage, not program one. The first, is battery OK ? Long happy life is not result to good long final. Can you try change the battery and/or AC adapter ? If no problem with power supply, then it's probably RAM bad sectors. In this case one conclusion is left: RIP  Angel
(11-24-2016, 05:20 PM)devilalice Wrote: I treat such trouble as physical damage, not program one. The first, is battery OK ? Long happy life is not result to good long final. Can you try change the battery and/or AC adapter ? If no problem with power supply, then it's probably RAM bad sectors. In this case one conclusion is left: RIP  Angel

Battery charges well, I think it can go for it's retirement.
(11-25-2016, 10:49 AM)Rvcboy Wrote: I think it can go for it's retirement.
Can't you ask LG to fix it for you?  LG seems to have really good workshops around.  I had a very old Video Timer Recorder of 2010 repaired by them a few months ago.  I'd basically given up that I would ever see the Video Timer Recorder again, but it is as good as new.  All you need to do is ask LG for the phone number of a workshop and phone them.  LG even collected the Recorder from my house and delivered it to me afterwards.  I was totally blown away by this experience.
(11-25-2016, 11:40 AM)deanhills Wrote: Can't you ask LG to fix it for you?  LG seems to have really good workshops around.  I had a very old Video Timer Recorder of 2010 repaired by them a few months ago.  I'd basically given up that I would ever see the Video Timer Recorder again, but it is as good as new.  All you need to do is ask LG for the phone number of a workshop and phone them.  LG even collected the Recorder from my house and delivered it to me afterwards.  I was totally blown away by this experience.

I don't think so, smartphone resellers and repair workshops want a good amount of cash and so does LG + LG stopped selling smartphones at Estonia.
Sir i have exactly the same problem with LG G3.
I updated the battery and i got a More mAH battery.
If didn't work DO Ultimate hard reset or go to a local shop market and root it(Do it at your own risk)
@Rvcboy
You factory resetted it right?
Flashing overwrites everything. Factory resetting only formats the /data partition.
Reflashing replaces even the /system partition to stock or whatever rom you flashed.

(If you flash an image to the phone using something like Odin and not using the recovery menu)