Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the best internet provider in your country?
I want to ask you ... what the best internet provider in your country and how fast is the internet in your country?? is the internet connection satisfy you? Well, i think the best internet provider in my country is First Media
I live in Western Canada. I use Telus. It's good for me, not a demanding user. It's a great company and very stable connection, compared to it's competitor, Shaw. I am on a plan with 25mbps down and 5mbps up but I get 27mbps down and 7mbps up so it is providing a better connection then what I am paying for. Smile
We only have one ISP in the UAE. It's not a very good one, but not a very bad one either. It is very expensive though if I compare it with services in the rest of the world.

Think it's time I get back to Canada. I remember Telus used to be my favourite provider too. Like conservative and steady. Shaw has a whole list of novel packages to undercut its competitors in price but plenty of complaining customers.
(11-20-2016, 07:09 PM)deanhills Wrote: We only have one ISP in the UAE.  It's not a very good one, but not a very bad one either.  It is very expensive though if I compare it with services in the rest of the world.

Think it's time I get back to Canada.  I remember Telus used to be my favourite provider too.  Like conservative and steady.  Shaw has a whole list of novel packages to undercut its competitors in price but plenty of complaining customers.

I'm one of those complaining customers.  Tongue
I used to use shaw but then they're very unstable.  Had like 12 service calls and every time they claim "it's fixed", which it isn't, gotta call back in like 2 weeks, so switched to Telus, problems went away.  Smile
If you want cheap, consider Teksavvy. Wink
Here in the UK Virgin media is the fastest but it also has the worst customer service and even though it's fiber optic the weather seems to mess with it all the time.
I've heard bad things about Talk talk too..
(11-20-2016, 09:00 PM)AYA Wrote: Here in the UK Virgin media is the fastest but it also has the worst customer service and even though it's fiber optic the weather seems to mess with it all the time.
I've heard bad things about Talk talk too..

Doesn't UK have a bunch of isps like Orange, sky, etc?  At least I know there's way more options then in Canada.  :p
In Estonia it's quite questionable. Our top providers are Starman and Telia Sonera with around 500mb/s packets, but by myself I use Telia Sonera's 20/20 packet, because I do not need more and I cannot get more in the middle of nowhere.
Here in the philippines there aren't really very good providers, most of their terms are all the same. And our speeds are nothing compared to our neighboring countries. Additionally, if you are using mobile data here you would have to suffer very low data caps
(11-21-2016, 09:40 AM)Rvcboy Wrote: but by myself I use Telia Sonera's 20/20 packet, because I do not need more and I cannot get more in the middle of nowhere.

It would be a dream to get a 20 Mbit/s connection in the middle of nowhere here in Germany. You can barely even get anything close to 10 Mbit/s in the middle of nowhere in my country. Just low packages such as 2 Mbit/s and 6 Mbit/s are available. Even if a provider advertises a 16 Mbit/s package the real speed is far below that in the villiages and in the middle of nowhere. Mobile signal is not really better out there most of the time and LTE plans are expensive and have a bandwidth limit that you reach quickly.
I use Orange, it's the first provider that got 4G LTE service, I honestly think it's a little expensive but it's good with such a good upload/download speed (29mbps which is fastest in my country) and yeah I'm happy with it.