Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum CMS
Whats The best Forum Content Management System?
Looking forward for any CMS thats easy to use for both admin and User
MyBB.
Free, Open source and the most reliable.

I've heard rumours about NodeBB but can't confirm anything - Would like someone else to review that by personal experience.
~Do not hesitate to ask for Graphics Designing or Web Designing services!
(11-10-2016, 10:30 PM)Aeux Wrote: MyBB.
Free, Open source and the most reliable.

I've heard rumours about NodeBB but can't confirm anything - Would like someone else to review that by personal experience.

Thanks For your reply... Never heard MyBB before.. until i found this forum  Big Grin
I think MyBB and PHPBB are both fine, but MyBB actually supports PHP 7, which is what sells it for me. Managing multiple PHP versions is such a pain. One thing you need to be wary of, though, is setting up your mail server for registration and notification mailing. Self hosted email gets you on every blacklist ever, setting up a full email server is a pain, and I haven't even managed to get mailing working on my server because of: Annoying DNS setup, sendmail not working, et cetera.
The worst part about being a sysadmin is that even if everything is working perfectly on your end, another user will have an issue that you can't immediately fix.
I've used vBulletin before, it's the only CMS i've used ever because I make websites using frameworks so I can customize everything including the backend processing. CMS are easy to setup but the things you can do are very limited unless you study the entire architecture and edit the code.
I like to go for security and ease of use as my criteria for the best Forum content management system. Both myBB and phpBB for me are neck on neck in both. A few years ago myBB got more popular of the two because phpBB was not so secure, but since then phpBB has completely overhauled its script. PhpBB has a very good support forum too, which is easier to search on. So either of the two are good to use.