Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What new piece of tech are you the most hyped about?
Whether it's a phone or a car, please tell us about it Smile!
For me it would be the OnePlus 4. I've always been a fan of OnePlus, and although there isn't much information about the 4 right now, I'm still buying into the hype. I would love for OnePlus to take the OP3, and fix some of its issues (phone heating up for example) and even add some features to it (dual camera maybe?).
For me it's my new mobile phone I just got less than a week ago: the iPhone 7 Plus.
I had the iPhone 4S before and I need to say: Wow!
It's blazing fast, it's camera is frickin' awesome and I love 3D touch. I'd never thought that I would ever use 3D touch if I would have a mobile phone with that, but man! It's very useful and handy and gives you so much new opportunities... For example using force touvh to change the cursor within the text field you're currently writing in. I use that every day now. Or peek-preview'ing mails, videos etc blazing fast by just pressing a little bit harder on your screen. It makes things very handy.
with best regards,
(mit freundlichen Grüßen,)
28daniel28

New piece of tech.. I would like to try that new iPhone out if to be honest Smile
Everything related to VR, but I think this is a very short lived hype because I have got many VR glasses and some of them are active while some other are passive and it is really cool when you play a VR game for the first time, it is really amazing how everything looks real in a VR glass. I'm not yet bored from VR technology but I guess soon I will because the number of things you can do with a VR glass are limited and what pokemon did just ruined VR totally because pokemon just give us everything a VR game can give to you without any glasses. I don't know if someday human will begin to live in a VR world or anything like that but I know that right now VR only keeps me entertained for couple of hours and not more than that.

Now while there are many tech stuff that i'm hyped about, there are still many areas that ruin the whole experience. For example batteries, everything that you work with these days are battery based and still there is no huge progress in this area of technology. Still batteries are coming with same amount of capacity/weight as many years ago and that's why you can't expect iPhone 7 to have a battery that lasts twice more than the previous version. It seems companies have invested in tech parts that are easier to develop for example samsung can easily make a lot more higher resolution screens and apple can create a lot faster chips but none of them has done anything about battery or the strength of internal antenna and many other useful things that mobile industry lacks these days.

Same thing can be said about VR industry, while there are many cool apps and features, the designs are still far away from what they should be and the only acceptable design is probably Hololens from microsoft which is still a lot heavy at 579g ! and that's 20 times more than weight of normal glasses, so you can not have it on your head for a long time or your will get neck pain. Anyway VR is really a trend these days and you see lots of ads going on around it and we can expect Apple to release something related to VR very soon as rumors say.
For me it is all of the smart phones, Apple iphone, Samsung Galaxy Edge, all of the heavily advertised smart phones that will go out of fashion in a year or two and then get you to buy the next smart phone. For me the whole thing is a hype. Like smart phones with built in obsolescence to last as short as possible so those mega corporations can get even more rich than they already are.
Sager laptops with 2 gtx1080 graphics card, I think I can play all kinds of PC games using this hardware. I hope I'd be lucky to have one although it's to much for my budget on laptops
[quote='shirofuji' pid='21062' dateline='1479782846']
Sager laptops with 2 gtx1080 graphics card, I think I can play all kinds of PC games using this hardware. I hope I'd be lucky to have one although it's to much for my budget on laptops
[/quote

Sagers? Damn. Well, I suggest just getting a job or if you're younger do some work, but a Sager is way overkill bro. Just get a decent gaming laptop for 1k+ and you'll be fine. If you need any help choosing one message me Smile
(11-23-2016, 10:39 AM)hazeaj Wrote: [quote='shirofuji' pid='21062' dateline='1479782846']
[/quote

Sagers? Damn. Well, I suggest just getting a job or if you're younger do some work, but a Sager is way overkill bro. Just get a decent gaming laptop for 1k+ and you'll be fine. If you need any help choosing one message me Smile

Thanks, I'll be in touch with you once I have the budget to buy a gaming laptop. I am currently working as a website developer but my pay is not to good to buy me a gaming laptop.
I would love to try out the Oculus Rift. I am a fan of virtual reality and I hope that one day we can get to the point of getting into the virtual world like portrayed in the movies that we watch.

That is the thing I am looking mostly forward to, virtual reality are asset to the future. RIght now they are only used for fun and play games, but what people dont realize is that if we start using them we can further them for greater purposes, like for example doctor simulation to train the surgents and doctors to do better and to get over their fear of blood and what not and also it can be used for many educational purposes.

You can make so many things and impact the world with virtual reality and its really crazy, because you can learn so much, the things that you can do are infinite, you can learn everything, from construction to a great tinkerer and that is what I look forward to the most. When virtual reality gets to be used as a part of education and science.
I've been pretty hyped about VPSs during 2016 and have been on a great learning curve, particularly after joining freevps.us. I have two free VPSs from freevps.us, a further free VPS from Gigarank and a paid VPS from HostUS. Up to a month ago I had two paid VPSs. then when I had to consolidate, like I was thinking to only have two free VPSs, I just couldn't let go of the VPSs. I did manage to let go of one paid VPS. The other one however is so cheap, it's almost for free. I really love my VPSs! Smile