Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mail Hosting with Custom Domain Support
Hi guys,

I've been away from FDC quite some time, but I'm glad to be back now!

I am wondering, do you guys know any FREE mail hosting with support for custom domains? I have tried to find some good providers, but I didn't find anything which didn't seem somewhat fishy...

Although I am a big fan of GMail, I am not willing to pay for it obviously.

I'd love to hear you guys.

Regards,

Rick
I'm Rick, programmer and Linux addict.
Yandex Custom Domain Mail allows unlimited domains with up to 1,000 e-mail addresses per domain (more on request). You can add any domain you want (meaning that it accepts any kind of free domains and paid domains as long as you have DNS control over the domain). The interface is great and has many features in various languages. Yandex is very close to Google Apps mail service. You get access to all the Yandex features with any of the e-mail addresses. Additional features are catch-all e-mail addresses, custom logos for the web interfaces per domain and DKIM support. Last but not least Yandex even offers full DNS hosting for your domains.

URL: https://domain.yandex.com/domains_add/
(09-18-2016, 12:01 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: Yandex Custom Domain Mail  allows unlimited domains with up to 1,000 e-mail addresses per domain (more on request). You can add any domain you want (meaning that it accepts any kind of free domains and paid domains as long as you have DNS control over the domain). The interface is great and has many features in various languages. Yandex is very close to Google Apps mail service. You get access to all the Yandex features with any of the e-mail addresses. Additional features are catch-all e-mail addresses, custom logos for the web interfaces per domain and DKIM support. Last but not least Yandex even offers full DNS hosting for your domains.

URL: https://domain.yandex.com/domains_add/

Thanks HR!! One thing I am not really confident about is the fact that Yandex seems to be a Russian company. Is my data safe?
Your data is safer than in the hands of the United States (Google, Yahoo, Outlook and etc...).

There is one thing to learn: Use your own mail server and PGP encryption for really important e-mails no matter where you host your e-mails. Atleast use PGP encryption.
Yup. Main problem is that I like to "play" with my VPS, and I don't want to mess up my mails.. Might just decide to take another VPS solely for mailing then..

//Update: just found https://pawnmail.com/ Anyone got an experience with them?
I have used zohomail for many years, they are one of the best free custom domain email services available but they have their own problems as well, for example sometimes emails you send using their service gets blocked by some ISPs and getting out of blocklist of some ISPs is a very long process and you may find yourself using your own email or another custom domain email service provider to send email to specific person. But the services they provide like docs, calendar and many other useful features make you feel that you are using a premium service for free which is very great. So if you want to use zohomail always keep in mind to check whether your emails has delivered to the person you want to contact with or not by checking logs and emails you get from ISP.

I have also tested yandex and it provides a great free service too but many part of their service is not in english language which makes it really hard for me to understand using google translate. For example I wasn't able to setup DKIM in yandex because I wasn't able to understand the procedure. But from spam perspective I found their service to be the best free service available and their IP reputation was really good. Yandex also provides other service like free dns hosting and also free disk space (i think that was around 10 gb) which are great and useful.

I have heard of pawnmail too but haven't tested it because I wasn't able to find enough information about the company behind it and people running it, so I thought it might not be safe enough and I will be very happy to hear your experience about it too.
Right now I've tried to register free account on zohomail.com with my own *****.eu.org domain, but got the message:

* Sorry! Free domains with extensions such as .tk, .cf, .ml etc., are not supported.

So, one free mail provider has gone  Angry

Then I've read this article: http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/12/tuto...omain.html

Services are not interested in:
gmail.com - the heavy web interface and some stupid restrictions with zip attachments in emails.
Zohomail.com - see above
Yandex.ru/com - I need no russian services
mail.ru - I need no russian services
--------
pawnmail.com - as I saw it's simple roundcube web interface - I use it with my work email. Not bad, neither perfect.
inbox.eu - sounds good to eu.org domain, but it also has some not clear public origin: is it connected to inbox.lv ? Is it OK ?
doky.io - heh, modern simple interface like ShMacOS, not my favorite one (I prefer the linux console simplicity), but the hypnotic logo is the reason to try, right ?  Big Grin  Anyway I can change it later.
As I wrote, I've chosen the doky.io service for my domain. Let me write a review for now.

1. Interface. It's not very hard to manipulate emails, but the finger oriented simple interface failed on my low resolution android phone. On PC it looks like an inefficient built mosaic. 
2. No imap access.
3. Free account means two email addresses. Actually, the only. The second one [email protected] is "hardcoded".
4. The DKIM settings requires the domain list string. It was not so easy to find the correct one. And thus no guarantee it's not be changed in every minute, right ?
5. The so called online widgets (programs) are not worked in Chromium (Linux). I suppose, Linux is totally unsupported for that.

So, the result. It's working, but I'm not sure it's good enough to completly move the working domain mail to it. Even to the paid offer.