No
70.59%
12 70.59%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I use free domains (.tk, etc.)?
I'm using .ml rn, same company, however I wish to switch to .com if I can afford it. :p
Just watch out of them giving you random tos "violations" and never answering support tickets about it...
These free domain applyers are the biggest bullshit. Their using so fucking bad DNS Servers for their
hosting and that means your connection via these Domains are so fucking bad.
Are you sure?
Free domains are regularly abused and as a result,most popular sites blacklist them.Tk is a good example.So,if you want to promote your .tk website via conventional marketing tools such as facebook all the time you will face an annoying captcha roadblock or straight up 'you cannot share anything with that domain name.' .Therefore,its really worth it to get a new one for as low as $0.99 or sometimes even cheaper.

(09-24-2016, 09:32 PM)IEpicDestroyer Wrote: I'm using .ml rn, same company, however I wish to switch to .com if I can afford it.  :p
Just watch out of them giving you random tos "violations" and never answering support tickets about it...

I can buy you a domain.It is going really dirt cheap in my country on godaddy.PM me and if you are serious about it,we can take it ahead.
Do not use this free domains because it is crappy. If you must use free domain, get something like eu.org. Also .space domains is very cheap this time so maybe you buy one if it? Regards, Alex.
SO the moral is that the free domains like Dot tk is good for learning and for education purpose to work and make yourself perfect to handle a webserver. when you think you are good to manage a domain and web. then go and buy a domain from a trusted provider.
Truth to be said. Don't blame .tk domains to seize your accounts because I've using it for over 5 years and my website had a lot of traffic. Their partners such as .ml or .ga are purely bad but .tk is good enough. I recommend going in and getting one. They have a great user interface plus I guarantee you that no problems would come in, unless you use your website to run ddos attacks or something like that in which case, if it violates policy than it is meant to be blocked as it was your mistake.

Conclusion:
Goto http://www.my.dot.tk
Get a ".tk", Remember ".tk"
And try it for yourself. You will know.
Experience makes a man better.

Thanks.
I've got many domains from freenom and I've had no issues so far. They are just for personal projects and stuff along those lines, so yeah,
No, especially if you use it for a big website or server with lots of traffic. For example freenom will just snag your domain away at will and gain tons of money because technically you don't "own" the domain, you're just using it. What I will say is you should take a look at afraid.org, they have thousands of free subdomains (domain.uk.to, domain.sly.io, domain.us.to. and even stuff like domain.moooo.com), and they're pretty trusted from what I've seen.
For smaller things it's fine, but if you're running an e-mail server, then you have to deal with fact spamhaus has banned those "shady" domains from Outlook.
is not safe because when your website got high traffic they get your domain back that happen for a lot