No
70.59%
12 70.59%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I use free domains (.tk, etc.)?
I am thinking of creating a website which uses the .tk tld.
I am not sure if this is safe or a good idea, so I thought of asking here Smile .

Thanks!
(08-22-2016, 10:21 AM)rany Wrote: I am thinking of creating a website which uses the .tk tld. I am not sure if this is safe or a good idea, so I thought of asking here Smile . Thanks!

I personally used this domain "dot tk" more then a year. its good to learn. good space. and the plus point is a very very easy graphical themes and designed web pages that you can easily adopt for your page and more is that you can customize it as your desire. my experience is good for dot tk. but its so old about 2 years i stop using my domain and remove it.
i hope so still do tk make same easy tasks for users.
(08-22-2016, 10:21 AM)rany Wrote: I am thinking of creating a website which uses the .tk tld.
I am not sure if this is safe or a good idea, so I thought of asking here Smile .

Thanks!

I guess that the concept of having a free domain is a good one, however most websites that provide free domains are usually untrustworthy, or will simply just take your domain away for no apparent reason. I myself tried to use a free domain, and after I spent days working on it, I decided to show some of my friends. Then, lo and behold, my domain got taken away for no apparent reason. I don't remember breaking any rules and I have heard of people having their domains taken away for no reason. My advice, just stay away from them.
(08-22-2016, 12:51 PM)Sagher Wrote: I personally used this domain "dot tk" more then a year. its good to learn. good space. and the plus point is a very very easy graphical themes and designed web pages that you can easily adopt for your page and more is that you can customize it as your desire. my experience is good for dot tk. but its so old about 2 years i stop using my domain and remove it.
i hope so still do tk make same easy tasks for users.

OK, good to see that it is useful Smile
a .tk was a good starter domain a few years back, but since freenom took over, it's been a complete crap, this is one provider i will never recommend you.
I wouldn't recommend using any of the Freenom free domain names either to be honest. There are a lot of reasons. I have personal experience with them and its just bad. I wasted hours of moving sites and other work just to get my domains taken away after a few hours without any message, reason or anything else at all. I used the domains as per their terms and once even got all my newly registered domains taken away after 15 minutes! I just set the DNS servers and 15 minutes later all domains disappeared from my account.

Other reviews:
- https://freedomain.club/showthread.php?tid=1387
- https://freevps.us/thread-17742.html
- https://freedomain.club/showthread.php?t...5#pid11235
Free tk domains is crappy shit. You can't send emails if you have mail server on your VPS/Dedicated Server/etc. Because mail providers like Gmail put your mail into spam folder or simply refuse it. Freenom also can delete your domain without asking you
Try - but if you'll get kicked off, go to namecheap and get a real non-free domain Smile
Depends, freenom will most likely take over your domain if it gets quite popular for some crappy reason. So if you're gonna create a website for some good, big purpose, I suggest you save a little and buy a domain from namecheap.
Thank you FreeDomain.Club For my VPS.
Just the thought, how easy is for customers to switch new web address. From this point of view, you always can choose the crappy/buggy/humpty name, right ?