Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game server
I noticed many people who come to this forum want game server they dont have much use with vps. How about providing gameserver at a price slightly less than vps?
Not a particularly good idea, for a couple of reasons
  1. Gameservers are DoS / DDoS magnets
  2. We're having a few difficulties at the moment, if you haven't noticed yet. The last thing we need is to set up another system to debug.
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions? PM me
These are the rules Please read them.
My tip jar: 1FqukbmrZf2EnnKYf3BkioWTYysqnynFWy
[Ex-Mod]
Just as Scath said, adding gameservers would only attract DDoSers and attackers towards the service, you are free to do it by yourself if you know how.

There is also the fact that if such thing were to be added, a whole new bunch of stuff will appear for the admins and moderators, such as people who are looking for such service and doesnt know how to set it up. People will constantly ask questions why this doesnt work why that doesnt work and some of the game servers like WoW, which require compilation in order to be run can be a hassle to the mods, because of the things you need to install before you can compile your own server.

Third thing is that game servers tend to be resource consuming, people can sometimes use unstable server files which would cause in memory leak and make the server overuse more RAM then it has and then you will be penalized for it and its just a lot of work.

I know that this thread is outdated, I just wanted to write this out as an understanding towards the staff community and explaining the pros and cons of it.
There are number of free game servers provider like i'm also providing free game servers
But while giving game servers you really need to get a Great great DDOS Protection.
I don't think everyone want's game servers.if you have a VPS you can run your own server! it's easy.
Still suggesting to provide gameservers because if we are scared of DDoS attacks then we'll never be successful. We'll fight against it and you can even hire some experts for anti ddos purposes.
Welcome to Hostingee.

Get your own Free SA:MP server on Hostingee.com by post2host method! Just go, register, earn points by posting and then get your own server!

Also theres also a negative point for this..
The giveaway vps have 1gb ram and that hardly can run one minecraft server.
(02-14-2017, 11:26 AM)Manal Wrote: Still suggesting to provide gameservers because if we are scared of DDoS attacks then we'll never be successful. We'll fight against it and you can even hire some experts for anti ddos purposes.

Experts will do you no good if you don't have the money to pay for the bandwidth that will be incurred upstream. DDOS isn't free.
(02-15-2017, 12:56 AM)Lovesh Verma Wrote: Also theres also a negative point for this..
The giveaway vps have 1gb ram and that hardly can run one minecraft server.

Depends on what are you doing on it. I ran a Spigot server with 14 plugins and 5-10 player base and I did just fine on 1GB for first three months.