Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you learn how to design?
I've tried working at Photoshop and GIMP, but each time I was unable to properly learn anything. I ended up typing text, adding an image and giving up.

For those who can design, how did you learn + do you have any tips?
Tutorials mostly to start myself off. Once I kind of new where all the buttons where in Photoshop I started finding images and recreating them, or creating my own works. Smile
I am like, finding an epic font and downloading it. Then opening PhotoShop, adding text, different color, done. I don't know anything much about PS. Yeah for me, it's like "What is designing?". One of my favorite font for designing "Gemina 2".
I am still learning, and I didnt studied it, but try and error is basic for anything.
Besides typciall tutorial, today youtube tutoriasl are really useful.
I learn it from youtube and shits. It helps me alot!
I used to learn it from my high school, we used to have GIMP as a lesson for 3 years! But Photoshop, I learned from a CD I got from a Media, that creates tutorial CD's in our mother tongue.
I often use Paint.Net, some super nice free software.
I learnt designing in Paint.Net when I first discovered it. I firstly searched "Paint.Net tutorials" and watched them on before hand. Nowadays I just learn by practicing. It's the same as website designing, I just practice.
nomis002 Wrote:I often use Paint.Net, some super nice free software.
I learnt designing in Paint.Net when I first discovered it. I firstly searched "Paint.Net tutorials" and watched them on before hand. Nowadays I just learn by practicing. It's the same as website designing, I just practice.

I had never even heard of Paint.NET until now.
coreyman Wrote:
nomis002 Wrote:I often use Paint.Net, some super nice free software.

I had never even heard of Paint.NET until now.

Link to Paint.Net: http://www.getpaint.net/

It's really nice imo, and many plugins. Some may still prefer Gimp.
Me too never heard of that plugin. Where did you get that?