Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
x10hosting?
I signed up with x10 years ago not for web hosting but because it was one of the few places that I knew of at the time that let me configure DNS directly.
This allowed me to verify my domain (subdomain really) with Google Apps to qualify for those 50 user free accounts Google used to offer. I'm still grandfathered in, but i really wish i used a real domain instead of a subdomain.

Now I have a bit of a problem if they were to kill my account at x10, as I may or may not lose my MX records. So my gmail for those accounts on Google Apps might not deliver. I didn't even really have any webpages there, the main url just redirected to my Google Apps login page

I actually got myself suspended a little while ago. On their "Easy Mode" control panel their web app installer includes ownCloud, so I installed it.
I was immediately suspended. I appealed saying that they offer it in their installer list, how could they ban me over that? IT took 2 or 3 days for a response and the admin told me that it was not in the list, but if I promised not to do it again (of course I would not now that I know its against the rules) and actually put up a site of some kind (I went with a blog), then he would unban me.

After I got unbanned I went in and looked at the app installers again. I found out the "easy mode" panel had it, but the regular cPanel didn't. This is why he thought it wasn't in there, he didn't look in both places and assumed they shared a list. I posted screenshots in their forum showing it and they said they would clean it up.

I guess their customer service isn't totally terrible because they did unban me, but I think they could have had a better process. Couldn't they have just shutdown my site, but left me with cPanel access and notify me to uninstall it and not do that again? It seems like a 1 strike rule, with a possibility for appeal, not the most friendly.
Well they have blocked most countries except western Europe and North America. No big deal since these days there are plenty of decent free hosting providers out there.
Dodgy
Ok, this is weird.

So after I got my account reactivated, I turned off my redirect setting (I had it redirect my to my google apps sign in page) so that I could host a blog on x10 it to satisfy the x10 admins requirements that I have a real site there. At the time all the DNS config and MX config was still there.

However, I was trying to use my gmail account from that google apps domain to sign up for something (Baidu disk, blocks gmail.com signups) and the mail never arrived.
I checked the MX records and they were all back to default (mailboxes would be managed by the x10 server). Don't know how that happened.

Maybe now is the time to try that technique for enabling another domain for use with my grandfathered account and use my new .tk address.
(07-14-2014, 05:05 PM)BradR Wrote: I recently tested x10hosting due to them being free and apparently the best free host out there, but let me tell you, they're awful, even for a free host. Constant downtime and very unreliable.

For those who have used them, what did you think?

I have used x10hosting, with a test website, and it took neer 1 minute just to open the website, and I constantly got mysql errors...
I don't recomend it.
I was using x10 and WAS recommending them. I never had a problem with them. The only reason I left was because I really like my vps from freedomain.club better. I wasn't running any intense scripts or doing any funny redirecting, though. I was simply hosting a site. Free hosts usually have a problem with those kind of things.
I have also used this. But the uptime just ......... They are the worst free providers.
I tried x10 and the uptime was horrible. I have also tried many free hosts and they were bad.
(07-14-2014, 05:05 PM)BradR Wrote: I recently tested x10hosting due to them being free and apparently the best free host out there, but let me tell you, they're awful, even for a free host. Constant downtime and very unreliable.

For those who have used them, what did you think?

i tired all free providers and x10hosting one of them

i was having some problems like 500 error and some times the server down

but this hosting not bad and not goood

you can host a small website with them but is not good for a huge forums or script that require a lot of bandwidth
They denied my registration due to me being on a "proxy" when I was on my home internet with no proxy. So I had to go to MCDonalds to Register #Fail.
I know your name........

JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!
I agree on your opinion, they're awfully unreliable from personal experience. There are much better free hosts out there, although I'm not sure they'll stay in business for long. but I'd use them, and do routine backups.