Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freenom (Free ML/TK/GA/... Domains) WARNING
(01-06-2017, 04:46 PM)friendsvps Wrote: Quixk updare re Freenom.

I had a .tk domain I had forgotten about, and today I got this email,

Dear -======

The Freenom Review Team has visited your website today.
Your domain: ----------------------

We found that the free domain name and/or the website address you used
with your free domain name was not accessible or did not follow the
guidelines set in our terms and conditions.

It may well be that you are still working on the content of your website
and/or using your domain for other means. We kindly request to start using
your new domain soon according to the terms and conditions which can be found at:
http://www.freenom.com/en/termsandconditions.html

In a few days from now we will visit your website again. To prevent domain
hijacking all domains that are not accessible or not follow the guidelines
set in our terms and conditions will be cancelled.

Alternatively, you may upgrade to a Paid Domain. Paid Domains incur a
different set of policies. For example, Paid Domains have no usage requirement.

You can upgrade using the Upgrade tab under domain management for
your domain -----------.

We thank you for using Freenom.

- So, fingers crossed that things may be changing. I think it's worth a try because if they do deliver what they say it would an amazing service. It could be that they have responded to all the criticism and changed their policies. I'll post if anything else happens.

Andy

Freenom Review Team

You are right. They also sent me this same email. Despite that my .tk domain is still active.
(01-22-2017, 04:39 AM)jacktay Wrote: You are right. They also sent me this same email. Despite that my .tk domain is still active.

Agreed.
Well have registered two Freenom domain names in March while waiting for my eu.org domains. I have added wordpress blogs for both domains and haven't received any warning from them so far about anything.
Dodgy
I've got my eu.org domain a week ago! It works nice (compared to Freenom's)
And they didnt shut down my domain for no reason! (yeahhh)
They much be getting more requests than they can manually handle these days.

@mataj How long did it take you to receive the sub domain since you requested it ? Also did u request a domain under yourdomian.eu.org or yourdomain.net.eu.org ?
Dodgy
(05-22-2017, 09:49 PM)xdude Wrote: They much be getting more requests than they can manually handle these days.

@mataj  How long did it take you to receive the sub domain since you requested it ? Also did u request a domain under yourdomian.eu.org or  yourdomain.net.eu.org ?
1. One week
2. eu.org
Hello,

I have a question regarding the eu.org domain registration. I've successfully created an account (contact) with my address info (I've received a confirmation email) and requested a domain. The request passed the servers and domain names check with no errors - the message I got after hitting the Submit button was: "No error, storing for validation... Saved as request ... Done". So far so good. I requested the domain on June 09, now we have June 22. Two weeks passed and I have not received any answer neither an accept nor a denial. Is it normal or did I do something wrong? I've requested one of their country-specific subdomains (e.g. de.eu.org) as they asked to avoid registration directly under eu.org.

Regards,
Tom
(06-22-2017, 01:54 PM)vnquser Wrote: Hello,

I have a question regarding the eu.org domain registration. I've successfully created an account (contact) with my address info (I've received a confirmation email) and requested a domain. The request passed the servers and domain names check with no errors - the message I got after hitting the Submit button was: "No error, storing for validation... Saved as request ... Done". So far so good. I requested the domain on June 09, now we have June 22. Two weeks passed and I have not received any answer neither an accept nor a denial. Is it normal or did I do something wrong? I've requested one of their country-specific subdomains (e.g. de.eu.org) as they asked to avoid registration directly under eu.org.

Regards,
Tom

It's probably an issue on their end, I would contact their support.
Thanks, according to the following thread waiting times of several weeks are not uncommon:

https://freevps.us/thread-20387-page-4.html

So it seems I just have to wait.
well you will get your domain long before you get a reply from their support. First time I had requested a sub domain they took more than a month to approve it. Second one only took about a week.