Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freenom (Free ML/TK/GA/... Domains) WARNING
Oh crap! Now where will I get a free domain? Sad (Although I have a site with at least 20 users a day idk if that counts as a few of what you meant) and they haven't taken it down yet!
(12-05-2015, 05:43 PM)28daniel28 Wrote: Dont worry, it took 3 days for my domain to get approved. They do that manually so dont worry, just give them a bit time. Smile
Btw I yet registered 2 domains at EU.ORG, one for my online pseudonym + VPS and one private to put wishlists for birthdays, christmas etc. on. :p

Thank you all for your great hints, now I can sleep relaxed without having to worry about my websites being taken away by the f*cktards of Freenom.
Never Freenom. Ever.
Yeah, I've been waiting for my .tk to expire.
1/17/14-1/7/15
Also, can you tell me how you got your domains? Tongue

(12-05-2015, 07:49 PM)Jake1702 Wrote: Oh crap! Now where will I get a free domain? Sad (Although I have a site with at least 20 users a day idk if that counts as a few of what you meant) and they haven't taken it down yet!
cu.cc, eu.org.
I'm The Man Who Can on FreeVPS.
Want to stalk me? Here's my Keybase.
I had +- 6 domains from them, 5 or 4 are still working (but I don´t use them, I dont know them) and only one was cancelled ... I dont have problems with them, I have domain for big Teamspeak community and it is good
(12-05-2015, 10:05 PM)MyNam3is Wrote: Also, can you tell me how you got your domains? Tongue

What do you mean by that?
I registered at their minimalistic CP, confirmed the registration and requested a domain.

You need to have the nameservers set up for the domain you wish, so Cloudflare wont work for the registration.
I used ClouDNS, linked the domain I wish to it, entered their nameservers at eu.org and boom, it was good.

3 days later I got the domain confirmation and moved to Cloudflare.
I also recommend to use CloudFlares "bridge" to hide the server's IP if you want to link your VPS to the domain, as corey has no free DDOS protection. For other services that cant be protected by CloudFlare I use a SRV record to link e.g. minecraft requests to the direct IP of my VPS on here.
This should be a protection for most skript kiddies as they dont know about SRV records and will probably attack the CloudFlare server. Wink

(12-07-2015, 11:09 AM)f0wnie Wrote: I had +- 6 domains from them, 5 or 4 are still working (but I don´t use them, I dont know them) and only one was cancelled ... I dont have problems with them, I have domain for big Teamspeak community and it is good

If you mean a free domain for the "big Teamspeak community" I would highly recommend you to buy a real domain (or use some trustworthy service giving subdomains such as eu.org) and tell your users before they take the domain and spread their virusses (yeah, I really mean trojans etc.) with your domain!
Just saying.
Dont blame us afterwards when exactly that happens.

If you are on another (non Freenom) domain for your "big community" then it's all good - and best wishes for your community to expand. Smile

Greetings from Germany.
with best regards,
(mit freundlichen Grüßen,)
28daniel28

i use domain from them almost 1 year and still working until now Big Grin
I wish I had found this thread earlier.  I registered for a few domains from Freenom several days back and pointed them to a free WIX test site.  Everything seems to be working fine right now but it's only been 4 or 5 days so I'll keep an eye on them while waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I guess I'll chalk it up to a lesson learned.  If it seems TOO easy and sounds TOO good to be true, then it probably is.  

I'll keep you guys updated if anything changes but for the time being all 4 of my domains are still up and running...  At least for now...
(12-16-2015, 02:21 PM)Ray Wrote: I wish I had found this thread earlier.  I registered for a few domains from Freenom several days back and pointed them to a free WIX test site.  Everything seems to be working fine right now but it's only been 4 or 5 days so I'll keep an eye on them while waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I guess I'll chalk it up to a lesson learned.  If it seems TOO easy and sounds TOO good to be true, then it probably is.  

I'll keep you guys updated if anything changes but for the time being all 4 of my domains are still up and running...  At least for now...

They only take it when your website gets many users.
@lampard:

Well, only that "many" is very relative. My domains were relatively private, only maximum 10-20 visitors a day as it's just some kind of portfolio of my online identity. Wink

Maybe they are "allergic" to mails (MX records) too as all of the domains I used had them..
with best regards,
28daniel28

So i need to "take out" my Freenom domains before they close them? I have never got a problem with them. But who knows if tomorrow my website is down?
(12-27-2015, 02:17 PM)DotERM Wrote: So i need to "take out" my Freenom domains before they close them? I have never got a problem with them. But who knows if tomorrow my website is down?

At least I would highly recommend you to do so.
If you think your website is important for you I would suggest you buying a domain.
You could also just use a free subdomain service such as EU.ORG as they are more reliable. Smile
with best regards,
28daniel28