Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freenom (Free ML/TK/GA/... Domains) WARNING
Freenom is dead now, they stopped taking the registrations. They said "We are currently reviewing the Cost Price domain program. During this review we do not accept any new Cost Price domain registrations, while renewals and changes continue to be processed. No new gTLD registrations or inbound transfers will be accepted from 26 August 2015 through 24 November 2015." And still they haven't again make the registration available and they keep on cancelling the many of the domains. It kinda sucks, they are providing most unreliable domains so that people buy the paid ones now as they are famous. They in starting gave the free domains to make them famous and they feel they are now enough famous and started showing their real intention behind it.
------
Warm Regards,
Hercules

@Hercules
The sad thing is that this sort of thing is legal. I could start a free service, get famous, and then suddenly switch it to a paid service without notification. What would be illegal would be charging CCs without prior notification. Capitalism sucks sometimes, doesn't it?
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions? PM me
These are the rules Please read them.
My tip jar: 1FqukbmrZf2EnnKYf3BkioWTYysqnynFWy
[Ex-Mod]
@Scáth:
It is legal to break his own ToS?
I dont think so, or am I wrong?

And btw. ~12 of my ~20 overall domains at Freenom got suspended. Luckily I announced earlier that I move to .eu.org...!
with best regards,
(mit freundlichen Grüßen,)
28daniel28

If i say never get troubles with freenom I would be lying, they canceled 2 of my domains. But I cant complain, because was for a good reason. My host deleted my website files, so, no site, no domain.
But I host there a free .ga domain and it has, not too much, but a few diary visitors, and i never had troubles with it. So, not ever trusted, but good for free projects.
(11-30-2015, 11:28 AM)rodrigoms Wrote: If i say never get troubles with freenom I would be lying, they canceled 2 of my domains. But I cant complain, because was for a good reason. My host deleted my website files, so, no site, no domain.
But I host there a free .ga domain and it has, not too much, but a few diary visitors, and i never had troubles with it. So, not ever trusted, but good for free projects.

Just wait till you get more visitors, they will really delete your free domain, by saying of a reason of abuse, you cannot trust them...
(11-12-2015, 05:04 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: The EU.ORG domains are great. You can use them with any DNS service you want and it has DNSSEC support. Moreover it has totally free WHOIS protection too your own domains. They actually care about privacy, too. They moved their root DNS servers out of France when France introduce the new Intelligence Bill.

It might take a while to get your domain approved (they manually approve them but it never took longer than a day for me) but they domains are great. You can get free SSL for them with StartSSL and with WoSign anyway. While this crap like .cf/.ga and et cetera are all banned.

And another great thing is that the EU.ORG domains also get indexed. Which is really good, too. If you look at the free domains from freedns.afraid.org... they don't get index/listed on Google. And Freenom domains are banned in many places due to abuse and spam.

Hi HR

I registed in eu.org but today i'm waiting for domain... :S
FreeNom screwed me numerous times and even claimed I was committing fraud with my domain, which was their excuse to take my domain away and put a buttload of advertisements on.
(12-05-2015, 05:39 AM)g4me0ver Wrote: Hi HR

I registed in eu.org but today i'm waiting for domain... :S

Contact them from the e-mail address you used when you signed up and see if they do something.

As I said on FreeVPS I got all my domains in less than 24 hours.
(12-05-2015, 07:14 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: Contact them from the e-mail address you used when you signed up and see if they do something.

As I said on FreeVPS I got all my domains in less than 24 hours.
They make this confusing, because I want to order my domain via email. They apparently reject emails from gmail. They also provide no instructions on the signup nowadays. They switched to a web panel, I found out. Been scratching my head ever since...
I'm The Man Who Can on FreeVPS.
Want to stalk me? Here's my Keybase.
(12-05-2015, 02:28 PM)MyNam3is Wrote: They make this confusing, because I want to order my domain via email. They apparently reject emails from gmail. They also provide no instructions on the signup nowadays. They switched to a web panel, I found out. Been scratching my head ever since...

Dont worry, it took 3 days for my domain to get approved. They do that manually so dont worry, just give them a bit time. Smile
Btw I yet registered 2 domains at EU.ORG, one for my online pseudonym + VPS and one private to put wishlists for birthdays, christmas etc. on. :p

Thank you all for your great hints, now I can sleep relaxed without having to worry about my websites being taken away by the f*cktards of Freenom.
Never Freenom. Ever.
with best regards,
(mit freundlichen Grüßen,)
28daniel28