Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which languages you prefer for development?
There are different between web developement and developement. I prefer you to learn C and C++ because i heard that it is the most useful programming language for programmers of all the time.
Welcome to Hostingee.

Get your own Free SA:MP server on Hostingee.com by post2host method! Just go, register, earn points by posting and then get your own server!

(06-30-2016, 05:26 AM)Manal Wrote: There are different between web developement and developement. I prefer you to learn C and C++ because i heard that it is the most useful programming language for programmers of all the time.

Well now that depends how you define "useful". Strictly speaking abstractions are extremely useful, with that said, that would mean that there are languages far more useful than C/C++. C/C++ now a days I would think are more used for drivers and interfacing with hardware components directly, or creating performance dependant functions - which require an in depth knowledge / understanding of how algorithms work in the first place.

For me, a useful language is one that allows me to get the job done quickly, easily and still maintaining efficiency within the solution. C/C++ isn't always going to give that to me, I'm more likely to find an abstracted language which was built (probably using C/C++) to do the tasks that I am wishing to perform.

Perhaps what you had in mind was that the C/C++ languages are more versatile.
Showing gratitude to freedomain.club by contributing in useful manners 
I prefer JAVA, the only thing that I don't like on it is that it is not native on Windows, so sometimes it's better tô use C++
What do you mean by it's not native on windows? AFAIK it's not native anywhere as it uses a virtual machine to run your compiled bytecode. That's another interesting topic actually, the JVM. I rather like the idea of how the JVM designers have been improving not just Java, but all other languages that compile to bytecode as well. Although the JRuby VM was completely rewritten alongside the JVM for extra low level performance improvements that JRuby 9000 claim to be even more performant than Java - which is a common thing within higher level languages, some C++ is more performant than C and some Java more performant than C++.
Showing gratitude to freedomain.club by contributing in useful manners 
I started with squirrel + sql database for gaming purpose...For web - I know html+css+php+ a little js and bootstrap too..Grab a convenient one for you and start practising,then you will almost all languages work the same,just the way of applying changes !
Thanks for the instant vps Freedomain.club.. Loved this great service. Smile
(07-06-2016, 10:42 PM)coral Wrote: What do you mean by it's not native on windows? AFAIK it's not native anywhere as it uses a virtual machine to run your compiled bytecode. That's another interesting topic actually, the JVM. I rather like the idea of how the JVM designers have been improving not just Java, but all other languages that compile to bytecode as well. Although the JRuby VM was completely rewritten alongside the JVM for extra low level performance improvements that JRuby 9000 claim to be even more performant than Java - which is a common thing within higher level languages, some C++ is more performant than C and some Java more performant than C++.

What I mean by non-native, is that you need to download Java for it to work on your computer, while C++ should run without any software previously installed on your computer.
For Web Development, I prefer PHP (yeah i know that is piece of shit), HTML5 and Node.JS. For desktop and mobile dev, I like C++. It is very simple language. I know how to do simple console app. And for android simple apps like soundboard I prefer MIT AI2 App Inventor. It is graphical environment like Scratch.
If you mean back-end languages I currently only use Ruby on Rails. But I am planning on learning Python and other languages so I have various languages to choose from. The thing is I don't like JS and libraries from it because I think javascript is a bit too unordered. I mean too flexible and so many different ways of actually doing things, I like Java and languages like Java because Java actually makes you use some keywords for it to work. Anyway like I said Ruby on Rails for now(I'm beginner level btw) because it's easy and I'm following a course to learn it.
I prefer ruby on rails  i  Heart  love it, its so easy to learn and work with gems its rely treasure to all you want in your web app has a great community for help and al lot of video tutorials on youtube so helpful for you
In my opinion the best ones to learn if you're just doing some informative sites, learn HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript.
If you want to make some kind of store or website that has contact with other server as an example, learn PHP too.
By myself I'm learning HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript, but if I will get to the point where I want to make some kind of cpanel as an example, then I will learn PHP too.