Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WTS] 1GB Windows server
Price is not bad at all for a Windows VPS with 1GB RAM. For how long you would be able to rent this vps ? I mean like max months ? I'm asking because you must have rented it or got it from somewhere but there must be a time period.

Good luck with your sale. It is a bargain price for anyone wants a Windows VPS. Smile
Dodgy
@xdude
With that low of bandwidth, it might be a physical machine at his house :/ In that case, he prolly will be renting it for a while.
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions? PM me
These are the rules Please read them.
My tip jar: 1FqukbmrZf2EnnKYf3BkioWTYysqnynFWy
[Ex-Mod]
(08-31-2015, 08:48 AM)Scáth Wrote: @xdude
With that low of bandwidth, it might be a physical machine at his house :/ In that case, he prolly will be renting it for a while.

That's something I would like to know from OP. because usually Windows VPS are used for running various programs and those can take quite a bit of bandwidth and also need to stay up 24 hours. 10mbps is pretty know but okey in some cases like if you want to run a small social bot. But that's not something we can run from a home computer.
Dodgy
(08-31-2015, 10:01 AM)xdude Wrote: That's something I would like to know from OP. because usually Windows VPS are used for running various programs and those can take quite a bit of bandwidth and also need to stay up 24 hours. 10mbps is pretty know but okey in some cases like if you want to run a small social bot. But that's not something we can run from a home computer.

Yea its my home server. Current status : rented for one man outside FDC. (I must reduce my line brakes Smile )
Mmh i think it's not a good idea hosting a vps in your house, you can't keep it online for always maybe one day for a reason the internet go offline or happens something of different, i'm just saying that it's not a good idea
(08-31-2015, 05:18 PM)hotdogcat Wrote: Mmh i think it's not a good idea hosting a vps in your house, you can't keep it online for always maybe one day for a reason the internet go offline or happens something of different, i'm just saying that it's not a good idea

In last 6 months server was running 100% off time and internet was enable in 99.9% of time ( fixing bug for few minutes ).
Yes,
Home networks can hold up a server, it's just not fast enough, my home network is only 10MB/s upload and 100MB/s down, and for a server you need at least 100MB/s up to run it succesfully (if it's a web server and you're serving a lot of clients, not if you do not heavely use the network).

And about bandwith, doesn't your ISP provide you unlimited bandwith ? Mine does, and i'm happy that he does, because i use the internet pretty heavy i downloaded 130GB in August.
And i hope you run your server in a basement and not in a chamber you need to go a lot, because if its a dell 1u server you have a lot of noise Big Grin
Please donate to freedomain.club if you enjoy my posts and/or the community!
@bo2freak
It's rarely unlimited. Usually somewhere in the Terabytes, but there is a bandwidth limit past which your net will slow to a crawl.
Questions, Comments, or Suggestions? PM me
These are the rules Please read them.
My tip jar: 1FqukbmrZf2EnnKYf3BkioWTYysqnynFWy
[Ex-Mod]
In Germany its illegal to have a bandwidth limit on a DSL connection.. Big Grin
But as you said it would be in the Terabytes anyway I wont hit it, my "record" was 700GB a month I think. (Bought a free games, downloaded them ofc etc)

Edit: Would you be so nice and paste the output of "ping 212.19.62.76 -t"?
Its 5 to 10ms for me so its like a reference on how my ping to you would be. Smile

Btw as you are hosting at home you wont be have any DDOS protection, right? :/
with best regards,
(mit freundlichen Grüßen,)
28daniel28

Well,
No you wont have DDos protection if you haven't put a anti-ddos solution in place, i beleive firewalls can stop ddos, and probably some other solution Big Grin

The ping from me to the ip is around 25ms.
Please donate to freedomain.club if you enjoy my posts and/or the community!