1. Treat other members with the respect that they deserve. Treat them like you would like to be treated! Insulting, flaming, or personal attacks against any member of the forum will not be tolerated.
- This basically means be nice. Any post that could be considered rude against another member will be quietly deleted, and warnings may be issued for serious offenses.
2. Please post using English only. Other languages are allowed in PMs or if you provide an accurate English translation. Speak with proper english, (do not typ lyk dis OR LIKE THIS or liek ziz. Eu no wat ai meen).
- While we understand that we receive visitors from many different countries, the language of Free VPS Club is English. Our moderators are not linguistic masters, and many can only understand English. If you have difficulty understanding or writing in English, find a friend that is more comfortable with the language to help you!
3. Spamming is prohibited. Spam is defined as excessive advertising, an irrelevant post, or copy pasting. Any post considered spam will be removed. ('thanks bro', or 'nice post' is also considered spam)
- This rule is designed to keep the forum from filling up with meaningless posts. It is also the most often violated rule. Here are the three parts of it:
- Advertising: advertising should be clear, honest, and concise. Advertising should only be posted as a thread, never as a reply to another thread. One thread per product advertised, maximum.
- Irrelevant posts: an irrelevant post is one that does not add to the discussion in a thread. Examples are posts that are a single sentence, posts made solely to thank the author of another post (use the "rate" button on a post to thank its author instead of making a post), and posts about anything other than the current discussion.
- Copy-Pasting / Plagiarism: this refers to copying text from somewhere else and using it as your own. The text can be from anywhere, including but not limited to another user's post, a website, or a file on your PC. If in doubt, contact a member of the forum team before posting.
4. Please do not necropost. Necroposting is defined as posting in a thread where the last post was at least a month ago. Necroposts will be removed and threads closed.
- Basically, check the date of the last post in a thread before posting. If you have something to contribute you may post, provided that your contribution is meaningful (not just saying "yes, that is true") and the thread was not a question that has already been answered.
5. Please do not create multiple accounts, or try to scam the points system. Your accounts will be banned and points negated.
- A lot of people seem to be under the impression that Free VPS Club provides free VPSs to everyone. That is not exactly true. Free VPS Club provides it's free services only to those who earn them honestly through posting and obey the rules. Attempting to exploit the point system in any way will result in an immediate 100% warning level or ban, depending on the severity of the attempted exploit. Multiple accounts are also forbidden. If you have other people in your house that wish to create accounts here, you must obtain permission from the forum team.
6. Please refrain from posting images larger than 800x600. This is to be considerate to forum members with slow internet speeds, and keeps the forum looking tidy.
- Large image is large. Oversize images create unnecessary clutter and can significantly increase the amount of time a page takes to load. If you post images, make sure to crop them to 800px by 600px. If you need to post an image larger than that, post a link to it with an external image sharing site such as Imgur.
7. Be considerate in the language you use. Some forum members are younger than others. Swearing is not completely banned, but do not do it unnecessarily.
- In order to keep the forum a civil and age appropriate place, cursing should be limited. There is not a complete ban, but if every other post contains a curse word then you are doing it wrong. Moderators will edit posts containing strong curse words, and extremely offensive ones may trigger warnings.
8. Discussion of hacking, piracy and illegal downloads is not allowed. PM a moderator in case of a doubt.
- These are illegal and should simply not be discussed here. Not only are such practices unethical and illegal, they can be dangerous for your PC. If you have a thread that you think might be OK, but are unsure, you must obtain permission from the forum team first.
9. Unnecessary formatting of posts with bright colors and huge fonts is advised against.
- A little formatting is good. Too much, however, can make threads unreadable. Moderators may at their discretion remove formatting or posts that contain too much formatting. Repeated infractions will result in warnings.
10. Do not post inappropriate (NSFW/NSFL) material.
- In the same vein as the cursing rule, NSFW/NSFL/X-rated material should not be posted here. We have many different age groups. This rule is more strictly enforced than the cursing rule.
11. Please try to minimize discussion of scammy hosts such as YouHosting, Hostinger, ChunkHost, FortaTrust, ResellerClub, MyOwnFreeHost and any hosts affiliated with them. We have a thread for that
- These hosts are just bad and everyone here is tired of hearing them spammed constantly. They should not be discussed.
12. If you wish to use our free VPS service, please be noted that you will have to follow sponsors' terms of service, failing to do so will cause in a terminate of the VPS.
- This means you should read and follow the sponsor's terms of service once you have received a VPS from us. If we found out that you aren't following the sponsor's terms of service, we will terminate your VPS.
* These rules are clear, and easy to follow. They ensure that our community is a safe and friendly place for all of our members.
What happens if I break a rule?
Depending on the severity of the infraction, different procedures may be followed. However, the general procedure is this:
- First Offense: Offense corrected, PM sent. For more serious offences, warnings may be issued of up to 40% at a time that do not expire for 3 months.
- Subsequent Offenses: A permanent ban of up to 1 year
Sponsors' Terms Of Service: